super 55 and 66 cylinder head : Update

2SteveWI

I had posted earlier about a cylinder head gasket leaking and possibly cracked. Took it into my local machine shop on Wed. afternoon. They were going to check it for cracks and then surface it if it wasn't cracked. Stopped back on Thur. afternoon and it was done. No cracks, and they had taken .004 off to flatten it. They had said they were busy but squeezed me in between other jobs. Total cost was $73.11. Didn't think that was too bad of price especially given the quick turnaround. Thanks to everyone that replied about interchangeability of Super 55 and 66/660 heads. Steve.

I swapped an entire engine out of a 66 in to a Super 55 years ago. About the only difference was the manifold.

I think the early 66 tractors (at least) had a non-counterweighted crankshaft, because they werent rated at the RPM of a 55/550.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back