Super c head stud install

mrniceguy

New User
Hey Everyone,
While I wait on machine shop to install new valve guides, valves and springs, etc. in my head, I am going to go ahead and install new head studs in my block. In the process of removing all the old pistons and sleeves I stripped all of them so they have to be replaced. 3 questions;
1) is there loctite or some other epoxy type cement that folks recommend placing on the threads when installing the studs into the block?
2) I am planning to thread 2 of the nuts onto each stud in order to tighten them down. I assume this is the best way to install the studs?
3) for the life of me I can?t find a spec for how far to drive the studs down? Maybe I am overthinking this, but I assume there is a correct and incorrect height they should sit when screwed down into the block?
Any insight would be highly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ben

use neverseize on the threads and bottom them out. as you would have seen there must have been only 3-4 threads above the nut on top. you should use a thread chaser on the block threads. don't know how you stripped the studs removing nuts.

Thanks guys - I stripped the studs in using them to unfreeze the stuck pistons. Drilled holes in a 1/2 steel plate that corresponded to stud locations. Placed a block of wood on piston and under plate. Screwed stud nuts down until pistons broke free. Worked on a couple of them, but the others stripped under the pressure.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back