Super M with Chevy V-8 Governor

Any one know of a belt driven governor that is set up for tractor operation? A combine governor is set for high idle speeds, not medium or lower rpm response. Can the combine governors be adjusted to work on a tractor? It currently has a Rochester 4 barrel carb on it. Will be looking for a single barrel and adapter plate if I continue this project.

Any one know of a belt driven governor that is set up for tractor operation? A combine governor is set for high idle speeds, not medium or lower rpm response. Can the combine governors be adjusted to work on a tractor? It currently has a Rochester 4 barrel carb on it. Will be looking for a single barrel and adapter plate if I continue this project.
sure they work from idle. u mean 2 bbl carb? or actuallY using a big 1 bbl ? the 292 chev 6 cyl. has a big 1 bbl. but dont know how a 1 bbl will work on a v8, some cylinders might be starved for fuel.

It will most likely be the 2 bbl. Well that sounds promising. I do know that a combine diesel pump is calibrated differently than a tractor pump. I thought the belt drive governor would be similar.

The belt drive governor off the applications I mentioned in your other post all have adjustable set stops for low idle and high idle. Post on IH board The tricky part is getting the lever length on the carb and the lever on the governor set up to play well together. Also a Quadrajet has a built in spring pressure against the throttle by the accelerator pump and also the much high tension secondary plates. It can be done but I am going to say there will be some trial and error.

I think you would be better off with the quadrajet. The primaries are half the size of a 2-jet and you'd never open the secondaries.

I can tell you my gleaner combine with a 350 would not work for what you want.

I can tell you my gleaner combine with a 350 would not work for what you want.
Rockcreek, why do you say that? All I know is we had Hesston swathers with Chrysler 170 slant 6 engine with mechanical belt drive governors. I want to say they were Hoof brand. They worked just like a tractor governor, whatever position you set the throttle that is where the governor kept it.

Rockcreek, why do you say that? All I know is we had Hesston swathers with Chrysler 170 slant 6 engine with mechanical belt drive governors. I want to say they were Hoof brand. They worked just like a tractor governor, whatever position you set the throttle that is where the governor kept it.
Mine is high ide only the cable runs a stop by the carb to keep the throttle from moving. This governor only has output to the carb. I hope I explained so you understand.

Pierce and Hoof made belt driven governors. But haven’t in quite a while, from what I can tell.
They were used on industrial engines.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back