Tach Drive -2424

The tach quit working on my 2424. I unscrewed the cable from the back of the housing and it just came right out -not sure if thats broken or if it slides in and press fits? Do I have to take off the distributor to get to the back screw that holds the retainer on? I don't see any other way to get to it. Its part 40 that I think I need to get of to get to the drive.

Thanks,
Tim
cvphoto156503.png

First since you have it off at the back of the tach with the end held so you can see it ,with the cable in the housing try turning it if it turns then the problem is from there down to the distributor. IF it dosn't turn then it is probably in the tach head. With the cable out of the housing stcik the top end in the tach and spin in your finges. IF the tach is good you should see the needle bounce when you spin the cable. As you spin it as quickly as you can with your finger you will see the needle go to maybe a 100 RPm then drop. IF no movement then possibly all is not working. Though I would doubt it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back