Taking golf cart to Rantoul

Paul_IN

I have never taken a cart to the HCOP but dad cant walk that much any more. I have a couple questions:
1) is there a low dock to make it not so steep an incline loading in a 3/4 ton truck?
2) I plan to ask my insurance company about liability coverage for my own peace of mind but does the show require you to show documentation of coverage to get in?
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Any place I have taken a cart they want an insurance card and probably a $20.00 that goes to the club. If you rented a cart they would get $20.00,and you would spend $150.00 for rent. I believe my company charges me 20.00 for the liability rider.(for the year)

When we took our own a few years ago they asked nothing about insurance but there was a fee. As far as unloading I drove around untill I found a small hill and unloaded there. Check their website or call one of the contact numbers. Tom

(quoted from post at 07:14:25 07/31/23) My cart is covered u under my homeowners policy for liability.

If they're checking, they're not going to accept some old man ranting "It's covered under my homeowner's policy." Put it on your auto insurance so you have a card that the untrained volunteers registering the carts can easily verify. Don't expect them to take your word for it or read through your homeowner's policy.

From the videos I've seen of Rantoul it looks like a golf cart and UTV free-for-all. How people don't get hurt or killed with all those people ramming every which way on carts and UTVs is beyond me. How nobody gets run over during field demos where they pull right up to the dead furrow or corn row is beyond me. Maybe they do, and they just kick them into the furrows and plow them under?

Ive never been asked about coverage there but with all the people and a 1000 other carts peeling around it only makes sence to have it. Mine cost $0 to put on my farm policy. I keep tbe paper in my truck so its always with me in case its asked for.

Ive used my cart for years there and never been asked about insurance. Its really a HUGE golf cart convention where they decided to have a tractor show.

John T

(reply to post at 13:27:02 07/31/23)
< The Florida Flywheelers also looks like a golf cart and UTV free-for-all. How people don't get hurt or killed with all those people ramming every which way on carts and UTVs is beyond me.>I

Use to be just golf carts.
Now you got yahoos zipping around with six seater UTV's on 12" lift and 40 inch tires. Still running the same brakes as if it still had the original 20 inch tires.

i took my cart to the last show at rantoul. they did not require proof of insurance. there is a road ditch on the south parking lot, you could back up and unload on to the road. we never saw any wild an reckless operators. the organizers wont tolerate it. we had a sporty storm come thru while we were there and they had everybody move to the hangars for protection. take either a raincoat or umbrella with you in the cart. also bring a cooler full of water and or gatorade with you. they have plenty of food there. also, every day at 11 am john t hosts the yesterdays tractors meet and greet under the giant flag. i will be there friday. i rented a cart this year. if you are there friday, come to the meet and greet under the flag!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back