Td340 steering issue

Have td340 international dozer just one side pulls took top off transmission installed pads on one side other side good now won’t steer either way pulls good what do I need to do also it won’t go in first gear goes in all gears but first it went in all gears before

You following a manual? If not you probably need one! YT does not seem to carry one so web sesrch “IH TD340 manual” lots of choices come up. Downloadable options are fairly reasonably priced. Might get a better response on the YT Crawler and Backhoe forum. Hope you don’t have to take anything back apart because you didn’t have a manual.

The transmission slider forks for 1st/reverse may be off the groove they run in. If the tractor has track clutches, they are not working. if none, it is track brake issues. Jim

It has the reverser shuttle shift everything worked fine except 1st gear would there still be fork for reverse with forward and reverse stick

No there would not. I was giving generic info. More understanding helps. I owned a TD-18A that had a frozen track clutch, (very frozen from having water in it for a month then sitting for 2 years, 16 inch with 17 driven and 16 drive plates. Good luck Jim

Have td340 international dozer just one side pulls took top off transmission installed pads on one side other side good now won’t steer either way pulls good what do I need to do also it won’t go in first gear goes in all gears but first it went in all gears before
I bought a t340 from a friend, that gave me a deal that I just couldn't refuse, Ha. Top was off of Steering clutches and Differential, in the dirt, he said it quit turning one way. it was outside, also covered up where lid was off, still had dead bird in rear end. I cleaned it all up got everything to work, engine ran fine, had turning pads replaced. You need the manual to get things adjusted correctly, moving adjustment makes a big Difference on those turning clutches. they are not the same as any other IH Crawlers. I finally got mine to work good. Tracks and all were good, I painted it and sold it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back