TeeJet sprayer tips

ford401

Member
The amount of different TeeJet tips available is overwhelming. Can anyone on here share what tip they run? I'll be spraying 3 products. 24D, Roundup, or Aucuron. I only use the sprayer on corn ground either pre emerge with the aucuron or with roundup post emerge. 24d on hay ground sometimes. Looking for a good all around tip for my sprayer that has teejet bodies on it. Thanks
 
The amount of different TeeJet tips available is overwhelming. Can anyone on here share what tip they run? I'll be spraying 3 products. 24D, Roundup, or Aucuron. I only use the sprayer on corn ground either pre emerge with the aucuron or with roundup post emerge. 24d on hay ground sometimes. Looking for a good all around tip for my sprayer that has teejet bodies on it. Thanks
Pressure and speed and gallons per acre need to be factored in to give a answer.
 
The amount of different TeeJet tips available is overwhelming. Can anyone on here share what tip they run? I'll be spraying 3 products. 24D, Roundup, or Aucuron. I only use the sprayer on corn ground either pre emerge with the aucuron or with roundup post emerge. 24d on hay ground sometimes. Looking for a good all around tip for my sprayer that has teejet bodies on it. Thanks
20240225_132722.jpg

I run the Turbo Twinjet on everything we have with the exception of when 28 S nitrogen is to be applied. They produce a really good rain effect with minimal drift and enough "fog" to penetrate really heavy canopies. Be advised if your sprayer calibration calls for a smaller size tip than the red TTJ60-11004, then it's best to use the single nozzle version of this same style tip which is the Tubo Teejet. Anything smaller than the red ones on the Twinjet will clog easily, hence the other version has a larger orfice in them for the smaller sized tips. My option #2 is below. Also to add that these are used here for pre-emergence and post applied herbicides. Hope this helps.
20240225_132917.jpg
 
I run standard flat fan in my sprayer. They are the blue 8004 I believe. Gives me 20gal/acre at 5 mph with 20" nozzle spacing. I spray both 2-4d and roundup with good results. I tried the double fan type thinking they would give better coverage for roundup but had too much trouble with plugging.
 
How fast do you want to travel is the main question. I liked my TTI110006 nozzles in post on the big machine they rarely plugged they are directional and don’t cause drift. People liked the aixr nozzles I personally had more trouble and switched mine back. I ran nozzle strainers and that helped a lot with the atrazine plugging so the last number is the size pick your speed. I liked the 15 inch spacing. In pre we did do flat fans every 30 inches and cap them they were a hypro tip. But if you aren’t putting down 32 getting the gallons up you can use what you have. What gallons per acre is the other question at least 20 in pre and in my opinion 20 on post so that makes it easy for me. A lot of people try 15 but if I was doing all the fields the same I never cared if it took 2 extra loads at the end. If you get into bugs and fungicide people will tell you you are nuts but 30 is the way to go to get under the canopy and wait a good long time. I got in an argument with a salesman over spider mites once who wanted me to do 15 or he was going to use a plane. I showed him the product guide and label for his own product that said it should be at 40. He let me do my 30 after that.
 
i am running the same set up as jon f mn, on a 80 foot boom sprayer. and has done great for the past years. i think there are 110 deg pattern and have less problem pluging up then the other type but can't remember there name.
 
I will give you that I am in same boat of so many types! you might talk to dealers in your area they should have some product knowledge. Also talk to other farmers in your area that are doing same thing you are.
 
I use a yellow flat fan it is the 8002 nozzle. At 40PSI it will give me 20 GPA with a speed of about 3.4or 4.3 it is 3rd low on an 806 with 18.4-38's on it. If I drop the pressure down to about 20 in the same speed I get down around 13-15 GPA ( gallons per acre) on 20 inch spacing at about 3ft high. I really prefer flood jet nozzles for plugging with them being in the 20 GPA at about 40 psi no plugging problems and they fit well at about 5 foot spacing . Can be set to spray down or back . These are all used with Roundup,Liberty/Ignite and Usually atrazine for corn or a choice of residuals for beans. Caprino works well in corn. Beans need 2 trips to keep them clean a pre with metrabuzin in it for the marestail. as already stated speed pressure and GPA is needed. To fast it needs to be real smooth, or your going to get boom bounce if not floating somehow. To high a pressure with lots of water will give drift in wind. Fan nozzles are good for drift if it is windy out.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top