MikeandKeri

My wife recently spent money on a pair of tractors to keep me occupied during retirement. They came from an estate sale and were posted on Facebook Marketplace. First I chose the 1948 JD Model M and then the 1950 Farmall C with a belly mower. Both “ran when parked” and were stored inside.
Once home, I started pouring over the posts here as I have worked on my previous hot rods and vehicles but had no experience with vintage tractors. A hearty thank you to each of you who have asked and answered posts here. It has been a fruitful week wrenching with the community here at my beck and call. I learned how to rebuild a Marvel Schebler carburetor on the M. I also managed to get the 3rd piston freed and rotate the crankshaft on the C.

Attachments

• IMG_5264.jpeg
    IMG_5264.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5272.jpeg
    IMG_5272.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Welcome and enjoy! I'm retiring in September and I've got 2 tractors I use a 640 and a 3000 ford diesel that I'm going to work on and fix everything. I to have been getting some over the last few years to keep me busy. I've got a Jubilee a MF 230 and another 3000 to fix up. A lot of good people and good knowledge on here. Like every where else you have to take the good with the bad.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back