Thought this was real

RedMF40

Not from Iceland!
Never seen a toy like this. The seller describes it as "weathered plastic." Fooled me until I noticed the granite countertop.
Gerrit

mvphoto112166.jpg


mvphoto112167.jpg
 
That is interesting. I find myself questioning the reality of that image. Some people are very skilled with photo, even video editing.

Where did you find the image?

Does anyone know what make that is?
 
(quoted from post at 05:47:04 12/08/23) That is interesting. I find myself questioning the reality of that image. Some people are very skilled with photo, even video editing.

Where did you find the image?

Does anyone know what make that is?

I hadn't considered that. Yes, could be photoshopped. The ad was on FB marketplace, price $175. Possibly a hoax or scam. Looks too real to be a toy.
Gerrit
 

Pretty sure that's a build-up of the old AMT 1/25 scale D8--or maybe a later reissue by another company. I doubt any photoshop: good modelers do wonderful things with photo-etched detail parts and painting. Armor modelers, in particular, have that kind of weathering and painting well in hand. Model Railroaders do, too. The level of realism they can achieve by sophisticated painting is absolutely mind-blowing.
 
Here is another, customized AMT model. Supposedly the guys first try at weathering.


mvphoto112174.jpg


And an armoured dozer.....


fig_03.jpg


This post was edited by DoubleO7 on 12/08/2023 at 06:44 am.
 
Exactly. I'm nowhere NEAR that skilled, but as an ex-model railroader and a
current 1:64 diorama modeler, I've done a bit of weathering.

The added reality factor of even a little weathering is surprising. The person
that did that has really taken it to another level.
 
That's impressive. When I was a kid I put together a few kits by Ertl. Wish I'd done some weathering for a more realistic effect. I remember an IH Payhauler with duals at all four corners. An off-road dump truck. I thought it was cool, very detailed. Could have done a lot with that one--it was a 1/25 scale if I remember right.
Gerrit
 
When i got my first job it was at a large construction company , I started with mowing the grass and cleaning the office . In the large board room All four walls had shelf's and on those shelf's was a detailed model of every piece of equipment the old man owned . He owned three big company's two based out of the small town where i lived and one on the west side of the state . As fall came on he added more work for me as i was now sweeping the main shop , that is where the real education started as the main shop was a bee hive of things going on with all the people that worked in there , Machinest's , welders, mechanic's, Carpenter's . once a month i had to dust all those models . The details of them looked like someone shrunk the real piece down , The cable shovels had tiny cable and pulleys the operator cab was full detail with levers and pedals , the doors of the house slide open and ya could see a detailed engine and draw works , steel tracks . Cat I H and A/C dozers full detail Old Cat D W 10's and 21' Galion graders Cat graders , Mack White and Autocars Rodgers lowboys Rollers D 8 cat with a spreader box in ft. instead of a blade . IF there was one setting in the lot there was a model of it in the board room . The two bigget models were the Manitwock (sp) 4600 and the Lima 2400 They did several jobs as in heavy crane work , Drag line Clamshell and loading shovels . to move them it took and army to tear them down and a fleet of trucks to move then put it all back together at the job site.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top