Tilted planter unit - Kinze 2000/same as JD 7000

andy r

Over the years I have owned three John Deere 7000 planters and still own a 6 row 7000 with five additional rows added on for soybeans and a Kinze 2000 six row. Finishing up planting this spring I noticed one row on the Kinze is leaning. I personally have never had this happen before. Fortunately there was no stand issue with the corn I planted. Tipped like this the no-till coulter tends to want to throw some dirt and the closing wheels are not centered properly. My question is what could be causing the planting unit to tilt or tip? Could it be as simple as bushings? Is the shank bent? Has anyone been able to straighten them up? How do I trouble shoot this? Thanks.

Sounds like bushings or worn out linkange and bushings. Get so there?s a little weight off it and stick a bar through it and see where the slop is

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back