TO35 manifolds

pomester

Our host here lists two manifolds for a TO35. One costs $167, the other $240. Does anyone know the difference between them? What would make one sell for $70+ more?

mvphoto102063.jpg

mvphoto102064.jpg

The $240 manifold includes a cast adapter that allows a TO20/TO30 exhaust pipe to be used, as well as the gaskets. The $167 manifold is just the manifold. As you have a TO35 you don't need the adapter, but you should buy a new gasket.

[i:654c4848f0]Intake and Exhaust Manifold. For TE20, TO20, TO30, TO35, 35, 135 all with 4 Cylinder Continental Gas Engines. Will also work on the 50 with slight modification to exhaust pipe. [b:654c4848f0]Includes adapter, and gaskets.[/b:654c4848f0][/i:654c4848f0]

I had good success arc welding a MH50 manifold that had 1 piece broken, and some blowbuy because of a bad gasket.

Yours looks very reperable / weldable, if you have access to a Arc stick welder this is what I used. Preperation is key, clean and grind loose rust, preheat and use these lincoln ferroweld.

Less than $20 in rods and some time.

Ferroweld (AWS class ESt) is a lower cost, steel electrode. The weld deposits are hard, and are not machine-able, but can be finished by grinding. This is the lowest cost electrode for welding cast iron, and the electrode has a very user-friendly arc. It can tolerate welding on castings that cannot be completely cleaned before welding. Ferroweld deposits will rust, just like cast iron. This may be important when repairing cast iron parts such as exhaust manifolds on antique cars.

Thanks - I have a Lincoln 'tombstone' arc welder. I will investigate and give it a shot, there is nothing to lose.

How did you preheat? To what temperature?

I just used a propane torch to preheat the section of manifold I was working on, I didn't go crazy on the time or temperature. Then as it was cooling I hit it again every 10 min for 30min.

Some guys were saying put the whole manifold in the BBQ until 600-700 degrees F

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back