Today's safety lesson

Geo-TH,In

Don't have your arm below what you are cutting.
cvphoto157129.jpg

Good news, the blade was hot, so the cut didn't bleed very much. Very little pain.
Don't know why.

No blade guard would have prevented this.
My stupid mistake.
Today's lesson;
Keep all body parts away from the spinning cutoff blade.

I've had worse cuts, No trip to ER.
I'm a believer that peroxide speeds up healing and slows bleeding.

I got mine from a pawn shop and it had no guard. Cutting a universal out of a driveshaft, no guard so I'm leaning away from the sparks enough to lose my grip. The wheel bit and it went across the backs of two fingers. Luckily no nerves or tendons were cut. Bought a guard after that.

Ive got quite a few big scars on my arms and hands and fingers from grinders welders and torches. Have a big scar on my left arm from when I torching a bolt out of an exhaust manifold had a piece of Metal guarding some wires and it fell across my arm and blistered it .. got another hole in another arm where i crawled inside a combine to unbolt a straw walker and ripped a big chunk out .

Ouch!, been there, done that!, still better than doing it with the wire brush, that really removes meat

My son is a welder/pipe fitter. High speed grinders with cut off wheels are the number one cause of OSHA record able injuries in that industry. The rules are: Always keep both hands on the grinder. Don't put any part of your body down range of the grinder. I have violated rule number one and those grinders can go ballistic if they catch during a cut.

OTJ

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back