Tough weekend in the kingdom

jon f mn

Had a few sunny days so I thought maybe I could cut the last of my oats this weekend. Didn't turn out so good.

cvphoto39478.jpg

cvphoto39479.jpg

Guess that's it for the oats, supposed to get 2" of rain again starting tomorrow. I was surprised how much mud that thing would go through, doesn't seem like much when you get stuck, but I had a tough time even getting to it with the tractor. Didn't seem that wet when I walked it. Oh well, it's just 5 acres so no huge loss.

So since no harvesting, I decided to fix my plow. Last spring the spindle broke and I welded it. I got done with spring plowing, but it broke again.

cvphoto39480.jpg

I got a used hub and spindle from the salvage yard so I cut the old off.

cvphoto39486.jpg

I v'd the spindle so I could get a good weld.

cvphoto39488.jpg

I welded it on with 7018.

cvphoto39490.jpg

cvphoto39492.jpg

cvphoto39494.jpg

Then I added some gussets, kinda got carried away there. They didn't look that big til I was done. But I'm sure it will hold.

cvphoto39498.jpg

That was it for Saturday, had to let it cool before I could put the hub on. Today I out the hub on and put it back on the plow.

cvphoto39500.jpg

I tried to plow, but it was still too muddy. So I got the DC out and worked on one of the ditches a little. I've been working on this one to get some drainage, but the mud has always been too bad. But it's been draining a bit more each time and for so I could dig some today.

cvphoto39501.jpg

cvphoto39503.jpg

Should drain now and dry up. When it does I'll clean it up and level it so everything drains and is smooth.

Then I spent some time taking down the old fence around the cattle yard. Going to out up new. Nothing worse than taking down old fence.

cvphoto39504.jpg

cvphoto39505.jpg

That's it for the kingdom this week. Supposed to rain for a couple days then get nice again. Maybe next weekend I'll start on the new fence.

I enjoyed the pictures. I also like you use your collection and have their work clothes on.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back