Toy tractor

I seen this toy tractor on an online auction site. It looks like a Case but it is labeled as a Lafayette. Not sure if that is the maker or the actual name of the tractor.

https://minnesota-b.hibid.com/lot/83973132/lafayette-8th-annual-1986-tractor--no-box--1-16/?g=all-categories&cpage=5&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog
cvphoto79751.png

my guess it was for a farm show, that's why its say 8th. I been to show were they have things like that to sell.

I believe the maker is Yoder. It was not licensed by Case so it doesn't have decals. I think there was a decal sheet provided in the box with the toy the buyer could apply to the toy. It was made for the 8th annual Lafayette toy show in 1986.

Currently it's at $39. There are a few other Case tractors on the auction as well. An 1170 Black Knight, an 1170 AK Demonstrator, an 800 WF, what appears to be another 70 series, it is unclear as the decals are gone from it. There are also a couple 4 WD 4494 and 4490 toy tractors on there as well.

On another auction site I've got the winning big (so far) on an 1170 Black Knight. I've seen other postings on ebay that have some listed anywhere from 150 to $200+, so I hope I'm getting a steal on this one.

I have one of those tractors still in the box. It has the Case 400 decals on it. Don't remember where I got it though.

This is my latest Case purchase. It is not completely correct having both motor lift and eagle hitch, but I have wanted one for some time.
cvphoto79844.jpg

cvphoto79845.jpg

cvphoto79846.jpg

that's a beauty. i have a DC 3 from SpecCast and it's not that detailed i'd like to find one with the eagle hitch at some point

Ptrobably the 8th annual toy show was held in a town named Lafayette. This toy tractor is generic, like what would be sold in a toy store, walmart, or the old time 5 and 10.

This is probably foreign made. Yes, not correct! They dont know, they just assemble it. I have one of these, and if you look closely the spark plug wire is connected to the gas line!!!

Here's the Black Knight I won on another online auction. Just under $100 total with tax and fees. The other Black Knight is currently half of what I got this one for, surely kicking myself right now but it is what it is, live and learn.
cvphoto80220.jpg

cvphoto80221.jpg

The 1170 Black Knight, 2590 that I've had since I was a child (restored by my brother as a Christmas present), and DC3 bought on an online auction. Down below you may see a Case barge box wagon.
I have another Case wagon that I need to get restored or at least the right parts for a rustoration. Looking thru Dakota Toys parts book for the correct tires and tongue. Would anyone else know of other vintage toy parts suppliers or ones who do restorations?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back