Tractor runs hot

(quoted from post at 14:57:59 09/03/23) Radiator has shroud built on to it the fan is 2-3 away
from radiator it appears that the pulley is ok belt doesnt
slip its tight. Just my luck its probably the head Ill have
to dig into that another time. Thank you for responding I
sure appreciate everyone for the information. Ill keep
everyone posted.

Fan should be in the shroud and blowing out . Not on the outside of the shroud trying to draw air out .

I had a d-17 ac diesel that would go from cold to blowing water in a very short time just sitting and idling. I could not add coolant with it running as it would blow it out. It is a wet sleeved engine. New sleeves fixed the problem

You need to check timing, retarded spark will do exactly what you describe. It shouldn't get that hot that fast just because of a bad radiator. Look for bubbles in the radiator to check for a cracked head.
Dave

there is no lean running engine that will make coolant boil out, its not a carb problem.

yep the simplist thing that takes 1 minute to fix. better get a mechanic on this unit. engine's have spec's to be set to for optimum
performance from the factory. once you start changing stuff in the engine like cams pistons distributor advances then its more of trial and
error. a day went by and no come back as to the problem , so it must not be top priority.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back