Tractor Sale Gone Sour. What Would You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So UD, are saying then that in your opinion that JW's use of word in question is acceptable? If that's the case then I must say I'm surprised. I don't read all of your posts or replies so I have no idea what sort of terminology you might choose to use for the unfortunate individuals that suffer from those conditions. If you have found some of my terminology offensive or inappropriate, I welcome a reminder any time you wish.
I guess it's because I'm a curmudgeon and something of a student of our language.
And I am aware how changing the words we're "allowed" to use is a way of changing our hearts and minds.
But I'm not a well known Canadian psychologist with a professional license they can take away if I don't abide by the new language rules.
So no one can force me into using the new lingo.
That is not to say I purposely go about offending people because I do not.
But if I get called out for using a word that used to be common but "They " have now deemed non grata, I will sharpen my tongue and as best I can give them a verbal run for their money.

An aside here...
I had an uncle who was born with Downs Syndrome. An oops baby when Grandma was nearly 46.
Back then they called them Mongoloid Idiots. Not surprisingly, Uncle Dan wasn't offended by that.

If you can refund his money without hardship yourself, take the high road and give him a refund. Next time, get cash on the barrell.

Is there any chance he needs the money so he can finish paying off the dog?
That reminds me of a song Mr. Miller who had a gas station in our rural community used to sing. That will be cash on the barrelhead son, this old dog is getting paid to run. No money down, no credit plan, that will be cash on the barrelhead, you are a traveling man.

I bought a non-running Ferguson cheap a few years ago. Did some fixing and tinkering and turned it into a good running and working little tractor that isn't all that pretty but I've seen worse.

Now, last spring a guy I've known and dealt with for years asked if I'd sell it. I had been thinking of selling it so I thought about it for a while then told him I would and I put a price on it.

He said he'd take it if he could leave it here and make payments on it then take it when it was paid for.

Well, I didn't really want to do that but I've known him for years so I reluctantly said okay.

Anyway, he paid 200 bucks down on the spot and then started paying 100 bucks a month on it, he lives on small pensions.

Long story short, he's paid a bit over half on it but has now decided he doesn't want it and wants his money back.

I'm not happy.

What would you do?
Business is Business. The worst thing I've done is business with friends or family.
That being said... he knew his situation when he entered into a contract with you. If he rent-to-own a house, then 2 years in changes his mind, does he get his $ back?
During this time anyone who wanted the tractor couldn't buy it; you were, being an ethical person, didn't list it or sell it elsewhere.
I'd give him 30 days to pay the balance or lose the down.

Being a Pensioner has NO BEARING AT ALL On this!!! It's all about handling your finances, some can, some can't. Those that can't shouldn't force a burden on others.

I've been a nice guy, setting no boundaries, and getting hustled by others more times than I care to mention. This is years of anger, frustration, resentment at others by being done this way speaking. A man is only as good as his word. You kept yours.

He gets nothing other than " sorry you've wasted our time. "

Last edited:
Business is Business. The worst thing I've done is business with friends or family.
That being said... he knew his situation when he entered into a contract with you. If he rent-to-own a house, then 2 years in changes his mind, does he get his $ back?
During this time anyone who wanted the tractor couldn't buy it; you were, being an ethical person, didn't list it or sell it elsewhere.

Being a Pensioner has NO BEARING AT ALL On this!!! It's all about handling your finances, some can, some can't. Those that can't shouldn't force a burden on others.

I've been a nice guy, setting no boundaries, and getting hustled by others more times than I care to mention. This is years of anger, frustration, resentment at others by being done this way speaking. A man is only as good as his word. You kept yours.

Hey Old Farm .... you might read some of the replies in the last few days, this has all been resolved looooooong ago. Oh, the Rangers won the World Series last fall in case you didn't know yet.

Old Farm ..... no wonder you got hustled, you were two days behind what happened (like on this thread). Let me suggest you get up to date on all of this, it's been settled long ago. Oh, the Rangers won the World Series last fall by the way just in case you made a bet and were wondering :) :) :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back