Transmission Noise

Matt Kane

Member
The other day I was working on my Oliver Super 55. The shifter rails didn"t line up when I went to put the hydraulic cover on. So I removed it and tapped the starter to see if I was in neutral or not. Well the second time I heard a small pop in the transmission. Now if I drive in 2nd or 4th I hear pop pop pop fairly quickly, also it can be felt. All other gears are okay with no noise. I have not the foggiest idea whats wrong, whether its not aligned, or a tooth is bent in a gear. Any ideas? It pops multiple times per 1 revolution of the tire. I don"t want to mess up the tractor, and 2nd and 4th are the two gears I use the most. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top