Twin combines

Bob Bancroft

Well-known Member
Location
Aurora NY
When I started working a neighboring farm for the new owner over 35 years ago, I offered to help get the two derelict combines out of the woods. He wanted them left there. Now the new new owner wants to scrap them. So yesterday we pulled them out, and I was able to identify them. McCormick 62's. Interestingly minus any drive mechanism, bin or bagger, elevators, chains, and wheels. They differed only in that one had a straw spreader. There were the remnants of a Scour-Kleen next to one of them. What got my attention was that both machines still had the cylinder wrench! So, if anyone wants an original cylinder wrench for a 62, I can send you in the right direction!
 
When I started working a neighboring farm for the new owner over 35 years ago, I offered to help get the two derelict combines out of the woods. He wanted them left there. Now the new new owner wants to scrap them. So yesterday we pulled them out, and I was able to identify them. McCormick 62's. Interestingly minus any drive mechanism, bin or bagger, elevators, chains, and wheels. They differed only in that one had a straw spreader. There were the remnants of a Scour-Kleen next to one of them. What got my attention was that both machines still had the cylinder wrench! So, if anyone wants an original cylinder wrench for a 62, I can send you in the right direction!
A neighbor near me has and IHC #141 he keeps trying to give me. I told him I know what that thig is. Dad had one. We were always working on something on it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top