Two questions - Hydraulic and snowplow

Fargo

Hi.
I have an Allis D17 backhoe loader setup with a crankshaft pump and line that goes directly to the loader spool valve yet I cannot find a relief valve between the two. Is that normal for this older machine? It kills motor every time I curl bucket all the way up or down so I try not to do it.

Second question is that I can buy a manual angle snowplow that fits on the front edge of bucket for 1000 dollars. It was used with a Ford 655 FWD... Is that plow too big for a 1 wheel drive allis with good chains and 63 HP? I would use it to do a long skinny driveway with 1-2 feet of heavy snow. I am near Bennington VT. My other option is to actually build a wood vplow for bucket with a heavy angle that would gently push snow to both sides.

Thanks for your opinions and be well.

I am not familiar with your machine but some older hydraulic system have the relief valve built into the pump itself. I built an angle snow blade for a John Deere 2040 with a front end loader but took the bucket off to mount it. The pipe frame was at least 8ft wide. John Deere was a 40hp tractor.

This post was edited by geok on 05/30/2023 at 04:39 pm.

How about some pictures? Pump, valve, and Loader, perhaps someone can ID things for you. A main relief valve for open center systems is often right in the control valve.

With the weight of the hoe plus the chains you should be good. HOWEVER, they make pick-up truck plows very wide now. Is it a 6 ft.? Or a 10 foot? I will suggest mounting it a little offset to the right so that the snow will not be falling back in front of your rear tire so bad.

Thanks. I have an eight foot and a ten foot plow but I wonder if
62 hp is enough balls to push a ten foot plow. What do you
think?

(quoted from post at 08:59:16 06/01/23) Thanks. I have an eight foot and a ten foot plow but I wonder if
62 hp is enough balls to push a ten foot plow. What do you
think?

It is not a question of HP but of traction.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back