Tx Jim Deere 467 baler question

tomstractorsandtoys

I have decided that I should have a different baler. Mine is a German built Welger 4x4 and works great but parts are getting to be a problem. I had a 335 deere and liked it so I will be going back to Deere just not sure which model. I prefer a 4x4 or maybe a 4x5. I want net wrap and the mega wide pickup. A friend says look at a 467 as it will do up to a 4x6 bale and them seem to sell cheaper as here everyone thinks the 4x6 is an odd size bale. I was told on some newer Deere balers you can make a softer core then increase pressure as the bale get fuller. Will the 467 do that or do I need newer? The reason this interest me is we often bale cornstalks and here in the north sometimes it is very hard to get them dry. With my old 335 the bales were so tight you ended up with a core as hard as a fence post that was almost impossible to tear apart. My current baler has knives but I rarely use them. Anything you don't like about your baler? How many bales do you have on it? Will will do about 400 per year. There was one listed with 26,000 bales and that seems like alot of bales. Thanks Tom

Tom
IMHO 467/567 & newer JD rd balers are very good. If you liked a 335 you'll LOVE a 467. Mega-wide pickup on XX7 & newer models was a very good improvement. I prefer the bale hyd tension system on the larger diameter bale balers that utilizes 4 cylinders over 3 hyd cylinders. Yes soft core is available by adding a valve. Bale diameter is easily adjusted by pressing key on baler monitor box in tractor cab. Bale diameter can be set anyplace between 36'' & 72'' by changing setting on monitor
26,000 bales is quite a few bales that will cause bale chamber walls to be very thin.
I'm very close to baling 60,000 bales with 2 different 467 balers. I've added metal sheets to interior sides of bale chamber. My present baler has over 28,794 bales on it due to baling several 100 bales with my neighbors monitor when my regular baling tractor(4255) was down due to coolant in crankcase.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/57504/referrer/search/pgId/606576045
mvphoto89770.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 03/23/2022 at 07:02 am.

So you are saying soft core can be added to a seven series? That is great as I thought I might have to go to 9 series to get that and was
concerned it would go way above my budget. Thanks Tom

Ditto what Tx Jim says on the 467 baler. Adding the variable core feature if not already present is a relatively easy job. Have a 468 here in the shop that has 30000 bales through it, lots of life in it yet.

(quoted from post at 09:14:01 03/23/22) So you are saying soft core can be added to a seven series? That is great as I thought I might have to go to 9 series to get that and was
concerned it would go way above my budget. Thanks Tom

Tom
May I ask what's your budget? My neighbor has a 469 for sale with never utilized option of B wrap for $26K & 13,000 bale count.

Question for all of you... does the mega-wide pickup include the extra auger/feeder to help shove material in? The little bit I've done corn stalks with my 535 (which does not have that) I think you'd want that.

I am going to look for a seven series as I would like to stay under $15000 or something close. A few have sold for closer to the $10,000 in PA
recently. Thanks for the reply. Tom

(quoted from post at 12:06:06 03/23/22) Question for all of you... does the mega-wide pickup include the extra auger/feeder to help shove material in? The little bit I've done corn stalks with my 535 (which does not have that) I think you'd want that.

My knowledge of JD rd balers that make 5ft wide bales is limited due to very few of those models have ever been sold in my area. I think from viewing JD 567 parts catalog that the balers that the 567 has augers behind pickup attachment.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc...h/pgId/605099577/partnumber/AE57304/callout/1

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back