Update on my WD clutch and brake pedal jam nut

Will Herring

Thanks to some suggestions, I tried to split the jam nut today... And, with a hacksaw and a chisel, I got the bad piece of jam nut off this thing from last time. I ordered a new jam nut, as the threads here look fine (it had eaten the very last thread at the top by the head, which is no biggie). A slight score where my chisel over-travelled on the final blow, but I am pleased to salvage this.

Axl0fu7.jpg

Tried to get a lot of the gunk and grease and dirt off the actual pedals themselves... Need to clean them some more, but not looking bad. I got the left brake actuator off today finally by drifting it off to the right with my bearing punch. It was seized on there pretty good. Cleaned it up with a wire wheel first and then set it suspended in the vice and let her rip with my nice hammer.

c96LNSu.jpg

Test fit my new shaft on the tractor.

ENpZ4Le.jpg

Some McMaster parts for pedal sleeving and some shims to go between the pedals to keep it night and tight!

uv6kl3o.jpg

Here's the wear on the old shaft vs. the new (here's the left brake actuator that was stuck):

afT8AKj.jpg

Here's where the right brake has eaten up the shaft quite a bit...

TbXr6jI.jpg

(quoted from post at 22:41:27 09/05/20) Well done, that looks near perfect. Jim

Thanks, I am pretty pleased with it! Hoping the replacement nut I ordered is correct. 5/8-11 jam nut by my measure (takes a 1 1/16 wrench).

(quoted from post at 08:55:47 09/06/20) You will be pleased with how it works and feels.

I am excited, I've never driven a WD that the right brake didn't drag the fender haha. Almost wondered if they were made that way :D !

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back