Upgrades to my mobile seed cleaner

rockyridgefarm

I added an 8 inch discharge auger with poly cup flighting, replacing the 6 auger. It is now 24 feet long, four feet longer. I can now run the auger slower and with less incline to be gentler on the seed.

New ducting will help contain the dust. I am outside when using it, so dust containment is not hugely important, but some is better than none.

mvphoto103552.jpg

mvphoto103553.jpg

mvphoto103554.jpg

mvphoto103555.jpg

mvphoto103556.jpg

Interesting drive arrangement on your new longer auger. Most of the time I see the motor mounted sideways to the auger with a belt or chain drive system, yours looks like it is direct coupled to the power shaft. Was thinking that would really make it fast unless it has some sort of inverter drive to slow the motor? Have to admit a bit of ignorance on my part regarding this as most I have been around run off tractor pto shaft so can be driven slow up to 540 rpm. That's a far cry from typical electric motor speed of 1725-1800 rpm. Paul

The motors are all three phase. The three augers are on variable frequency drives, so I can run them exactly as fast as I need to feed the machine. I had that on the smaller auger last year, but it pretty much had to be going full speed if I was filling a taller wagon or truck. I should be able to run this auger really slow to handle the grain gentler.

Thanks Rockyridgefarm, that's what I was thinking of (used the wrong word/term) variable frequency drive. It has only been about 20 years since I worked in the electric motor shop. Had a few of those type units come in for work, thought it was pretty neat at the time. Too bad we're not closer, would love to see your cleaner working in person. Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back