vac ruh-roh

kenbob

I am doing a valve job on my vac. It took a month to get the head back. I was quite methodical in keeping track of the parts--so I thought. As I put it back together i have 6 thin washers with 1/2 hole and 1 outside diameter I don't what to do with. I don't have 6 of anything that I can see. Closest thing would be the 3 bolts that hold the rocker assembly, if those are doubled some where. And the three bolts that fasten that assembly--3 have lock washers, and 2 have a thick flat washer. I cannot find a 3rd one of those anywhere. so either the center one doesn't use that washer or I need to go back and look in every corner for that.

I used to be able to pull up the parts manual on the net but can't find it now. If someone could post the page with the head parts I probably could figure it out, but I will take any 2 cents at this time. Thanks all.

IIRC, they go on the short cylinder head studs on the pushrod side. Others may have a different opinion!

should there be a washer on the center post of the rocker assembly (plus lock not). It is a pretty big washer. I cannot believe I have misplaced it.

Hope it helps
cvphoto147513.jpg

cvphoto147514.jpg

Thanks! The washers are definitely for the head bolts as they show 14 of them. I am sure I could not have lost 10 of them. Wore out thought they might only be on the short studs, which would be close to what I have left. I suppose it has been taken apart a time or two in its 71 years and maybe they all didn't go back. Makes me wonder of they matter much. You wouldn't have a picture of the valve train would you?

Thanks, I was smart enough to down load it this time. Looks like the center rocker support does not have the big washer so I am good there. But those washers for the studs that bolt the head down is a different story. I don't even have half of them. I am guessing they are missing from a previous job. They are not lock washers. Do they have a function other than keeping the nut from digging into the cast of the head?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back