value of old case disk

Well its been a while since I posted here because I have been very busy the last few months with farming and custom soil fumigation. Today while driving down a road in OR I saw an old orange Case tandum disk sitting in a pasture. It looked like probably a 1950's vintage it was either 12 or 14 foot it had rubber tires and hydrolic lift. The rims were painted desert tan which makes me think 1950's. It looked like either a 7 or 9 inch disk spacing it also had blade scrappers. It appeared to be (from driving by and abut 75' away) to be in decent shape tires flat and probably sitting there at least 5 years. I thought about trying to find the owner and see if they would like to sell it because I think it would be a good match for my LA. I would like to offer them a fair price but was wondering ruffly what it might be worth? Thanks for all the help!

Combine kid in the early to mid 50s Case implements were still green. I'm thinking that they didn't change thme over to Flambeau Red and Desert Sunset until very late 50s or early 60s. The disk may be newer that you think. My Dad pulled an 18' AC disk type turning plow behind our LA and the Persion orange didn't look to bad with the faded Flambeau Red.

I believe you are talking about a disk like I use to have. I gave $375 for it and put some money in it and ended up selling it for about $400. The main reason I sold it was that the bearings were very expensive for the disk blade axles. If I remeber right there were 12 of these bearing and the cost to replace the bearings was over $75 for each bearing.

thanks for the help guys. I do know that this is a case disk because it had one and maybe two decals accross the back that said case. It sounds like it could be newer then what I thought though. It had an angle iron frame and was not made of square tubing so I figured that it was not exactuly real new.

What's not to say though that some dealer back in the late 50s early 60s didn't repaint an older used green disk in a effort to sell it. Our old green 8' 3pt hicth disk was made from heavy gauge angle. One tough disk too. I wish I had it to pull behind my 630 now.

JGarner

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back