spring if the hook breaks off.

I don't need one yet, but my 504G still has all the original
spring hooks on it. I figure it's only a matter of time before
one breaks off. I'd like to have at least one repair plug around
so I'm not down while baling, but the Vermeer dealer near me had
no idea what I was talking about when I asked them. I had a
neighbour buy one last year, so I'm pretty sure they're still
available.

I would contact a different dealer. Or look at another dealer for a different baler for information as to spring parts. Our Deere dealer has been pretty good about me bringing in odd things for parts or ideas to fix things. He even loked at me a bit odd when I brought in seed discs for a White planter to see what his price and availability was for them. At first thought I was strange till I showed him what one place sent me for the planter and were exactly what he had with a different color hub and different blade manufacturer.

Vermeer will send you an owners/parts manual for your baler, free of charge. There are parts break-ups near the back that give you all of the part numbers.

Thanks for the replies. I did try calling another dealer. Although they were much more helpful, they couldn't find anything. Vermeer dealers in Ontario are few and far between - and the few 'dealers' that do exist are really just dealerships for other brands/equipment that happen to order in some Vermeer stuff - not experts by any means.

Eventually I got one ordered form a Massey dealer; the Massey 1440 baler is just a re-badged 504G, and the Massey 1450 is a re-badged 504F. Massey didn't show the plug on the 1440 parts list, but did show it on the 1450. If I remember right, the 504F (1450) used the same sized springs as the 504G (1440) - they just used one spring instead of two because the F had hydraulic tension. I hope I'm right in this recollection, elsewise I just ordered a useless part.

In case anyone else searches this forum in the future and needs to know, the Massey part number for the spring repair hook/plug is 664766M1. Cost was about $50 CAD.

Daniel

This post was edited by DanielW on 06/16/2022 at 06:02 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back