Wain Roy Backhoe

Briar Kirk

New User
I recently purchased a Wain Roy Bronco Backhoe model number BR100, serial number 1186. It is on a david brown 990 tractor frame. can anyone help me with getting access to the service manuals for the seals and filters for the backhoe/loader part of the machine? I am trying to find the hydraulic filter for the hydraulic cannister mounted on the right hand side of the tractor and would like to have the manuals for if any cylinders ever need repacked. i believe the backhoe is a wain roy f series model. any help is greatly appreciated thank you

Sounds like many giggle searches to find manuals. For filters, go to the wix site who makes filters for most things. Measure the length, OD, and ID and start looking at their hydraulic filters. There you will likely find a filter that matches the size and flow rate. Check the old filter for for a number that you can cross reference. Might find the wix filter or another that cross references at Oreillys. For seals and orings, every time I go to a hydraulic shop they just get out their calipers, measure it, and pull one off the shelf. Seals may have a number that cross reference. There are different styles of hydraulic cylinders and they will likely want to see what you have. Unfortunately you can't go to the parts department of the Wain Roy or David Brown dealerships anymore. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
I recently purchased a Wain Roy Bronco Backhoe model number BR100, serial number 1186. It is on a david brown 990 tractor frame. can anyone help me with getting access to the service manuals for the seals and filters for the backhoe/loader part of the machine? I am trying to find the hydraulic filter for the hydraulic cannister mounted on the right hand side of the tractor and would like to have the manuals for if any cylinders ever need repacked. i believe the backhoe is a wain roy f series model. any help is greatly appreciated thank you
The Wain-Roy Bronco receives scant mention in the book "Wain-Roy and the Invention of the Backhoe". Prior to the Rustler/Bronco Wain-Roy mainly manufactured backhoe units for integration into other brands. Below are two pages from the book with pictures of the Bronco. I think you are right, David Brown 990 and Model F backhoe. The model F looks very similar to a Ford 713 backhoe and I own one of those. I don't know of a source for Bronco manuals other than watch eBay and over time something might show up. I have manuals for my 713, you might want to look into those. Anyhow you are pretty much left to your own devices for parts. I've replaced cylinders with modern ones in some cases and rebuilt others by matching seals from places like Baum Hydraulics or Zatkoff.

Wain-RoyBroncoP143cropped.jpg
Wain-RoyBronco_cropped.jpg

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back