Water Pump Pressure Tank ?

John T

Okay plumbers and all you home water well system users, question for yall.

If your water pump goes up 55 PSI then shuts off and you have a captive are bladder accumulator tank WHAT PRESSURE DO YOU PUMP THE AIR CUSHION BLADDER TO ??????????????

Ima thinking it gotta be LESS then pump max pressure ?? maybe 40 PSI ?? Whats the best setting ???

I used home water well systems over 40 years with the old style internal air cushion/space tanks and later captive air bladder tanks BUT I DONE FORGOT ALL THIS grrrrrrrrrr

Yall have a good one now

John T At the Florida Flywheelers Had beer n burgers at P&J Recreation in Frostproof last night, biscuits n gravy this morning here at the show ALL HEALTHY FOOD TOO *&^^%$

(quoted from post at 08:52:12 01/16/23) Okay plumbers and all you home water well system users, question for yall.

If your water pump goes up 55 PSI then shuts off and you have a captive are bladder accumulator tank WHAT PRESSURE DO YOU PUMP THE AIR CUSHION BLADDER TO ??????????????

Ima thinking it gotta be LESS then pump max pressure ?? maybe 40 PSI ?? Whats the best setting ???

I used home water well systems over 40 years with the old style internal air cushion/space tanks and later captive air bladder tanks BUT I DONE FORGOT ALL THIS grrrrrrrrrr

Yall have a good one now

John T At the Florida Flywheelers Had beer n burgers at P&J Recreation in Frostproof last night, biscuits n gravy this morning here at the show ALL HEALTHY FOOD TOO *&^^%$

At least 2-3 pounds below the cut in pressure.

Two pounds below cut in pressure.If it kicks on at 30,charge pressure should be 28.Should be done with zero pressure in the system, preferably with a little water drained off so the air is not fighting against a solid wall of uncompressible water.

You can tell there's too much air in the tank if the pressure suddenly drops to nothing right before the pump kicks on. That's because the bladder has pushed all the water out of the tank.

John, Keith has it correct.
2 pounds below cut in pressure.
Just put in a new one I got from Home Depot.
20 gallons for $200.
Last one lasted about 25 years.
Richard

(quoted from post at 09:00:58 01/16/23) Amtrol precharges their Well-X-Trol tank to 38 psig.

That is correct for a system with a switch cut in of 40psi and cut out of 60 psi. For other than the 40/60 setting their instructions say adjust pressure to 2 psi below cut in pressure.

I have a 30/50 switch and checked mine 2 months ago as water pressure was a little bit low I thought. I drained the tank and put 28 PSI in top of bladder tank (it was 22 psi) then filled with water....it's working good now at 30/50 again...tank is only 1 year old. Apparently the pump was kicking in @ lower pressure than 28 psi. I installed a new switch and gauge when new. When I checked it 2 months ago I installed longer 3 1/4 brass pipe to gauge.

John T,

I guess you got it by now. By the way, you can set the cut in pressure a lb or two more, without any hill effects.

Not using lab gauges you know!

Guido.
cvphoto145128.jpg

I got it set to just below the cut in pressure and now its working yayyyyyyy

THANKS to everyone

John T

Your RV has a pressure tank?

P.S. See you Friday !

Was going to come by Saturday, but accuweather is predicting 96% chance or rain. Only 25% chance Friday.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back