Gary Mitchell

This has probably been chewed to death, but I can't recall in the posts regarding using wax to free up rusted retainers, what variety of wax gets used for that. Is that candle wax, bee's wax, paraffin? A friend and I got to discussing the practice and neither of us knew. TIA gm :)

Gary my experience was taking the battery box out of a 450, the head of the bolt was eaten a way, i couldn't keep a 6 point socket on it, i just used candle wax, put it on one evening, i was stressed out went to the house for the nite,it came out with my fingers the next morning,I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, but it really did!

(quoted from post at 13:27:22 08/19/22) This has probably been chewed to death, but I can't recall in the posts regarding using wax to free up rusted retainers, what variety of wax gets used for that. Is that candle wax, bee's wax, paraffin? A friend and I got to discussing the practice and neither of us knew. TIA gm :)
've heard of using candle wax or canning wax. I'll bet bee's wax would work just as good.

Candle wax works good. Just permanently borrow a candle from the better half. Warm the bolt and nut with a small propane torch or your choice of heating element. It does not need to be hot as the wax will just burn off instead of melting and penetrating. Walk away and let it soak in. Time and patience will be your friend.

Gary, Elmer and Michael are using canning wax, I just bought a new box at Westlake two weeks ago, has to be stored in the MilkBarn, too hot in the shed, he's had some melt out of the cabinet! GG Wes

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back