well decision

47fivewindow

Well-known Member
I am starting a new thread to thank everyone for their advice and concerns. The well man and I concluded the best course of action would be to drill a new well and back fill the hole. This will stabilize the house and chimney. I am too old to keep kicking problems down the road for my heirs to deal with later. They will have enough problems sorting through my worn out farm equipment. LOL
 
I am starting a new thread to thank everyone for their advice and concerns. The well man and I concluded the best course of action would be to drill a new well and back fill the hole. This will stabilize the house and chimney. I am too old to keep kicking problems down the road for my heirs to deal with later. They will have enough problems sorting through my worn out farm equipment. LOL
If you're going to get a permit well will you have to go to the 3rd aquifer?
Good luck Chip.
 
I am starting a new thread to thank everyone for their advice and concerns. The well man and I concluded the best course of action would be to drill a new well and back fill the hole. This will stabilize the house and chimney. I am too old to keep kicking problems down the road for my heirs to deal with later. They will have enough problems sorting through my worn out farm equipment. LOL
It is a good decision, 47five. Even if your heirs were to sell it someday... buyers seem to be able to come back at the sellers to pay for stuff these days.

It also seems it would help keep the basement drier too.
 
Last edited:
I am starting a new thread to thank everyone for their advice and concerns. The well man and I concluded the best course of action would be to drill a new well and back fill the hole. This will stabilize the house and chimney. I am too old to keep kicking problems down the road for my heirs to deal with later. They will have enough problems sorting through my worn out farm equipment. LOL
I hear you! I no longer put the junk out in a pile for future use (well most of it). I've thrown/recycled more in the last 3 years than in the last 70. Maybe my 2 son's live too close, and are watching?? Good call on the well, although it wasn't the cheapest option. Still curious about the chimney footing. I may have missed the reply as to how deep it is, and how close it came to adding to the pile. steve
 
I hear you! I no longer put the junk out in a pile for future use (well most of it). I've thrown/recycled more in the last 3 years than in the last 70. Maybe my 2 son's live too close, and are watching?? Good call on the well, although it wasn't the cheapest option. Still curious about the chimney footing. I may have missed the reply as to how deep it is, and how close it came to adding to the pile. steve
I am amazed it is still holding on. I want to get some stone under its toes. I have sealed the hole to keep more water out.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6158.jpeg
    IMG_6158.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6159.jpeg
    IMG_6159.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 80
I am amazed it is still holding on. I want to get some stone under its toes. I have sealed the hole to keep more water out.

I am amazed it is still holding on. I want to get some stone under its toes. I have sealed the hole to keep more water out.
If you rent a small plate compactor and go in small, like four inch, lifts and keep going in close to the side that the chimney is on you will give some good support to it. "stone" means different things in different parts of the country. Stone here is rocks without any smaller material. It doesn't compact well. You need a mix of fines and medium along with stone for maximum compaction. Around here it has different names depending on the quarry but the most common general name seems to be "crusher run" which of course comes in different sizes. To meet different specific specs they will add a little of this or a little of that, and then it will have a different name but it is still crusher run.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top