What's the going rate for a metal roof

Not sure right now, but my brother in law prices some metal roofing for a project, needless to say the project is on hold, he almost had a heart attack when they gave him the quote.

No, my insurance pays for tear offs.
All I pay is my $1500 deductible.

I have 4 rental houses with roof overs.
The can was kicked 18 years down the road on the oldest roof over.

Roof overs are common in my neighborhood.

I draw the line with 2 roof overs max.

My neighbor had 3 roof overs and the blizzard of 78 her roof caved in.

My roof is 39 squares.
My roofer's estimate for metal came in at $35,000.
Keep in mind I can no longer do roofing because of my back.

cvphoto163547.jpg

This pole barn is 30x40x14 ft.
It was built at the end of 2019 before everything went crazy. It took the amish from JohnT's neighborhood, Davis County, 2 days to build.
$16,400 material, labor and sales tax included.
I did the excavation work, electrical and concrete floor.

Does anyone make a special ball peen hammer to simulate hail damage? Just kidding.

I bet the same barn is now 2x that amount.

just did mine with steel form Menards pro steel just over 4000 all cut to length trim and ridge cap and stuff is the worst for price did house in 2.5 days not bad for 71

Your question brings an interesting fact to the surface. Are you weighing the cost of regular shingles today (which are just plain junk, compared to shingles 30yrs ago) or are you pricing shingles that will last as long as the metal!

Amerimax Building Products, a company I used to work for made standing seem roofs. They were really neat. You would put to roof panels next to each other and snap on the "U" shaped channel that went over each standing part. Then screw down that "U" shaped panel to hold it in place. Then it had a top inverted "U" shaped piece that snapped down on the first "U" shaped connector piece. Once snapped on it was very secure and no water could get at the installation screws. I don't see how this roof would ever leak. I watched them put on a new standing seam roof on our maintenance building. It went on very fast and looked very easy.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back