Wiring Diagram Needed for Case IH 695

RTR

A friend called and said he took the ignition switch off of his Case IH 695 Wiring Job replace it, and ended up breaking his leg. So now several months later, he needs to put it back on, but needs a wiring diagram. I’ve never worked on a Case IH 695 Wiring Job so I’m not sure what to expect and wanted to get a diagram to be prepared. Anyone have such a thing for the ignition switch area of the tractor?

Two ways to handle that: 1, get a manual; ebay sells them; I bought ones for 395 and 895. If you don't want to spend the bucks, go to a sender and pickup up the color code. Go to the switch and find that color code. Get an ohmmeter and figure out which pins in the switch are connected to 12v when in the ON position and START position. Not that big of a problem.

Two ways to handle that: 1, get a manual; ebay sells them; I bought ones for 395 and 895. If you don't want to spend the bucks, go to a sender and pickup up the color code. Go to the switch and find that color code. Get an ohmmeter and figure out which pins in the switch are connected to 12v when in the ON position and START position. Not that big of a problem.
I know how to do it myself, but I'm about an hour from him and he asked me if I had a wiring diagram. I don't have one so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had one handy. And also to see what he is actually dealing with. Sometimes those switches should have a harness plug if not tampered with in the past.

There is different wiring for 695 with a Cab and open station, also does it have the Thermo-Start Heater in the intake manifold or the Ether assist cold Start option. The wiring diagram was in the Operator's Manual but if it is like my brother's CIH 495 the Operator's Manual is in a black plastic case attached to the fender but over the years water had leaked into the case and the Operator's Manual was destroyed. As I recall the Ignition switch on his 495 with Thermo-Start option had 4 wires on it, the +12V from Battery, ON wire to Instrument cluster, Push Switch IN wire to Thermo-Start and Start -wire to Clutch Safety Switch. If 695 has T/A (Power Shift) the Clutch Safety Switch has 4 wires, no T/A only 2 wires on Clutch Safety Switch. Very easy to determine wiring with VOM meter.

Reactions: RTR

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back