wiring naa 6 volt pos grnd

furrball

New User
wiring problem 1954 ford nqaa 6 volt pos grnd. Is there a small wire going from the pos side of solenoid. If so where does it go? which wires go to each side of the terminal block?
thanks for any help I am stuck with wiring Paul

If it's the original style solenoid and it still has the neutral safety starter push button switch on top of the transmission, then the small post on the solenoid should have a wire that goes to the neutral safety starter switch, as the starter switch completes the circuit to ground for the primary of the solenoid.

Hello furrball welcome to YT. I think Sean is a little confused by your question. I am no Ford guy but in the link I believe the later model 8N wiring diagram should be close enough. Looks like it is running up to the ammeter and then over to the terminal block. If your meter reads backwards just swap the wires side to side. Hope this helps. If I am wrong Rinn Tim Tim will be along soon enough to bombard you with all the Ford wiring pictograms one should ever need and attempt to set me straight once and for all!
Fird wiring deals

Did you see the wiring diagram that was posted from your question a week ago?
That wire goes to the ammeter. It was originally yellow. But electrons are color blind.

Your Essential Manuals contain wiring sketches. The MPC's from '52 on have the NAA parts listed so refer to it to get correct part numbers. The NAA is similar to late 8N and same as 600/800 models, except the 8N firing order is 1,2,4,3 Counter-ClockWise. ALL models with the NAA and after firing order used the Clock-Wise direction. NAA/600/800 Models have dash mounted as: AMMETER on LH, OIL Pressure Gauge on RH, Temperature Gauge in center, and the Proofmeter at top middle. 600/800 had a dash light at bottom center of dash panel. Disregard the older post by Andy showing the 12V Diesel schematic. It is not correct for the NAA. The'01 SERIES had big changes - see note below. Be sure you have the correct parts:

A) NAA Starter Motor - p/n FAC-11001-E; 6-V, 3-WIRE UNIT

B) Relay (SOLENOID) - p/n 21A-11450. 3-POST TERMINAL

C) GENERATOR; 3-WIRE/2 BRUSH, 6V-20 AMP OUTPUT, 'B' Circuit Design with Voltage Regulator

D) Junction Terminal Block, p/n 8NNN-14448 *This is NOT a resistor.

The wiring schematic is the same beginning in 1950 with the ANGLE (SIDE) MOUNT DISTRIBUTOR SYSTEM; late 8N, NAA, & 600/800. WIRING is all different from '57 on. The '01 Series eliminated the AMMETER and replaced it with a CHARGE/NO-CHARGE Dash Lamp. A FUEL GAUGE was now placed where the AMMETER was and had a sensor wire on the fuel sending gauge.

QTqk1bul.jpg

i8Ymlrrl.jpg

FROM I&T FO-20 SERVICE MANUAL:
OBAU0iTl.jpg
*NOTE - WIRING SCHEMATIC SHOWN IS GOOD UP THRU THE 600/800 SERIES.

A BETTER WIRING SCHEMATIC FOR 6V/POS GRN SYSTEMS THRU 800 SERIES:
RagVHYul.gif

WIRING PICTOGRAMS courtesy of JMOR:
1mkX8oIl.jpg
3XguzBIl.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back