Yanmar 2210D charge light flashes

Just noticed today my charge light will shut off after I start it but then starts flashing after a minute or so. I put my multimeter on the battery and registers 12.5 volts. While running the multimeter shows the alternator charging between 14 and 14.2 volts so it seems alternator is working. I also replaced the original regulator with the solid state one a couple years ago so I’m at a loss as to what might be causing the flashing.

Is it like a regular flash or just sort of jumping around? If jumping around i would think loose or damaged wire or connection. After googling some, if a regular flash, it seems quite a few folks lean toward overcharging causing it. One fellow says a weak battery can cause it. Personally, I really don't have a clue. Maybe a guru on electrical will happen by. I am interested to hear the conclusion and fix for your problem.

New alternator and still flashing, I think I’ll put my truck battery in it and see if it still flashes, if so I would think it would have to be the voltage regulator

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back