Yanmar YM2000

Hi all
Yanmar YM2000 2TR20A Engine
At start up the tractor has a loud distinct ringing in the engine area with a hammering and also a vibration / At all throttle positions/ that runs all the way to the rear. It actually moves the tractor in a slight side to side motion. I loosened the injector line one at a time and did get a noticeable change on each cylinder. I pulled the oil pan to check the rod bearings. Both rods have play in multiple positions/ as far as where the piston is in the cylinder/ but the forward rod to crank has more, approximately 1/16 side to side and the rear rod to crank has half as much. I could get no movement up and down. This is my first Yanmar and the first time working on a diesel. The oil was really bad there was a gray tint on the pan mixed in with a 1/4 in of sludge. The tractor does smoke a little intermittently and a very light white smoke when it does. Wiring was hacked so no lights are available. Key switch has been routed to the horn button to start and it does have a decompression lever but I believe there is no preheat. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

It is hard to say how much is too much without being there but the 2 cylinder engines are not smooth by any means. They will always shake and rattle.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back