YM3000 1 & 3 Shift Fork

sarodude-HT

New User
Helping a friend with a YM3000. Among the gargantuan list of fustercluckery on this poor tractor from before his acquisition of it, it now sports a broken 1 & 3 shift fork. I've inspected things as much as I can by removing the tranny cover (where the shifter sits) and can confirm the break.

Additionally, if I manually slide the 1 / 3 shift shaft forward / backward, it gets stuck. Strangely, once it's unstuck, it moves ok reassembled with the shifter.

I'm unable to see how to replace the shift fork without disassembling the trans. Am I missing something? The shift shafts only slide forward / backward enough to affect gear changes. Seems that the pins must be driven from the forks and the shafts slid forward (where they're hitting some other piece of housing).

Help!

PS - While not new to vehicle work, I just barely learned to spell trakter.

I don't think there is any way to get those shafts out without splitting the tractor. Sometimes the little detent balls (23) get wore down or damaged and it will cause the rails to stick

<ATTACHMENT filename="1.jpg" index="0"><s>[attachment=0]</s>1.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT>

3_01fa64cfd3824a189128a5fe8301c9e7.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back