Zenith Carb to Replace Marvel Schebler

RockinB

New User
Anyone out there replaced a Marvel Schebler with a Zenith. I have an Oliver 1550 gas that I rebuilt the Marvel Schebler TSX903 carb a few years back and recall having a heck of a time to find the "sweet spot" in the high speed adjustment, but eventually succeeding. Well recently upon completing a new sleeve and piston job, and prior to start up my helper decided to drain the gas out of the carb, but instead of removing the drain plug he dove right in and removed the high speed adjustment assembly. Can"t get it right since. I had specifically covered the carb leaving it untouched prior to the tear down knowing of it"s sensitivity. Now it seems the rebuild kits for these are becoming harder to find, and the parts are found on a piece meal ( one here, two there ) basis, as these carbs gradually become dinosaurs. I have found a source for a new Zenith replacement and wonder if any of you have had any experience doing likewise. Thanks RB in Ohio

For my Cockshutt 540, I ordered a new Zenith carb from the link below a couple of years ago and the only Zenith replacement they had fit very nicely except all the linkages were on the opposite side that I needed. Once I started, it really wasn't difficult to figure out the switch-around. I believe I had to steal an idle stop from an old carb but when I finally installed it, it has run perfectly ever since. I think the secret is to NOT open up the inards because you are apt to over-tighten on re-assembly thus causing warping and leakage.
If you look under "Detailed Specifications' in the link, you should see TSX903 there, and verify that your old bolt pattern matches your bolt pattern on the new replacement( to the 16th inch).
1550 carb

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back