1520 diesel chatter

Hello, as always thanks for everyone s help. Question about my 1520. I ve had this tractor for about a year and it seems to have more diesel chatter than I m use to, could this be considered normal for is engine, we re they noisier by design. When I got it I changed oil and had the old tested and cut open the old filter and no abnormalities were found. When purchased it had a leaking injector and didn t seem to run smooth, I pulled the injector s and had them rebuilt by a reputable firm and checked compression which was normal. After rebuild leak gone, run s smooth now. Alway start s easy in all weather, no smoke anomalies. Seems to diminish as it warms. Ok at idle and PTO speed, the chatter seems to be at mid range, under light load, like when I am traveling. Is this something to be concerned about? I had a fuel pump going bad on my TW-5 and under load would start to ping and loss power and die, this sound I would not describe as a ping. Tractor always has had good power.
Cheers

I have a 1620 and a 1510 and they chatter too midrange but hum when up over 2000 rpm. These little Shibaura's just like to spin faster.
As my mom told me many times, "don't go looking for trouble". I'd just enjoy it while it is running good.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back