1929 Farmall regular oil pan valve

68mustang

Oil pan oil level valve frozen , tried to apply heat and the solder around the retainer that the valves thread into started to melt, only the center valve is frozen, was their solder from factory sealing that retainer to the oil pan, any ideas on freeing up that valve ?

the valve is screwed into a cast plate that is riveted and soldered to the oil pan. Unscrew the valve from the pan and then you can apply heat to it without melting the solder

Oil pan oil level valve frozen , tried to apply heat and the solder around the retainer that the valves thread into started to melt, only the center valve is frozen, was their solder from factory sealing that retainer to the oil pan, any ideas on freeing up that valve ?
Your favorite brand of penetrating oil and tap with a hammer, repeat. Might take a while. Spray with your choice of penetrating oil heat with a heat gun and allow to cool, repeat. I saw a guy on U-tube using the last method on firearms and said that will not work, however I tried it and it worked. Apparently, my method of roasting stubborn bolt with a torch is a bit of overkill.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back