1952 Harry Ferguson TO30 - oil leak at oil filter cover

I replied to your comment about the oil filters and it went "Poof!". Can't see it, so I'll try again!

I just didn't know if a filter with a metal cylinder did a better/worse job than our current paper cylinder filter. I'll try that Napa 1010 for the next oil change because it has that bail handle for easy removal.

We used to get our oil filters for our TO30 from TSC (Tractor Supply for those that don't have one in their area). But they no longer carry the filters - though, oddly, they do carry the same brand filter for the TO35. Its a "Baldwin" brand filter - though I'm pretty sure the box it came in had a different name on it. Those always worked well and the gasket fit properly.
mvphoto109566.jpg

This post was edited by 4LeafCloverFarm on 09/10/2023 at 04:30 pm.

(quoted from post at 19:41:03 09/10/23) Z-129 (TO-30) and Z-134 (TO-35 and others) use the same filter.

Odd that they wouldn't list the TO30 as compatible, and only list the TO35. When looking up parts for our TO30, I rely on what the manufacturer/web site its on to list the model tractors it is compatible with. I knew the TO20/TE20 and TO30 have interchangeable parts - but thought the TO35 was a largely different model.

(quoted from post at 16:28:45 09/10/23) I replied to your comment about the oil filters and it went "Poof!". Can't see it, so I'll try again!

I just didn't know if a filter with a metal cylinder did a better/worse job than our current paper cylinder filter. I'll try that Napa 1010 for the next oil change because it has that bail handle for easy removal.

We used to get our oil filters for our TO30 from TSC (Tractor Supply for those that don't have one in their area). But they no longer carry the filters - though, oddly, they do carry the same brand filter for the TO35. Its a "Baldwin" brand filter - though I'm pretty sure the box it came in had a different name on it. Those always worked well and the gasket fit properly.
mvphoto109566.jpg

This post was edited by 4LeafCloverFarm on 09/10/2023 at 04:30 pm.

TSC carries Chi-Com crap. I was shopping a coil for a 9N, the top was not even close to being right/secured on the base. That is it flopped on the top.

And prices suck now too.

Many TO-20/30 parts interchange, but there are significant ones that don't.

The oil filter system between the two models are quite different and the TO-20 filter is located within the oil pan. There has been recent discussion on this board about which filters might fit. Not having a TO-20, I have no experience/opinion and defer to those who do. I do know I stock NAPA 1010 filters and use them on both TO-30's and my TO-35.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back