1970s john deere 510 backhoe

Alaskacjc

New User
We have this 1970s 510 backhoe we bought a while back and it needs a new motor(blew a hole through the block) I've been having a hard time finding even a new block for it. Are there any staright forward swaps that can be done? Thanks in advanced for the help

We have this 1970s 510 backhoe we bought a while back and it needs a new motor(blew a hole through the block) I've been having a hard time finding even a new block for it. Are there any staright forward swaps that can be done? Thanks in advanced for the help
Welcome to the forums.

I suggest you ask this down below on the John Deere Discussion Forum in the manufacturer's section. I don't think the 270 is as plentiful as some JD engines and there have been some swaps to other engines. There may be more folks, that view that forum, familiar with something interchangeable with minimal work.

I am guessing you are in Alaska, looking at your username. Not all usernames, such as yours, reflect correct locations, so it can be helpful if you include your general location in your profile or a post.

The 510 uses a 3010/3020 engine, what I remember is this engine is only used in these 3 applications.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back