1980 John Deere 510

Hi there!

I've got a John Deere 510 from the 70s. I was digging out a rock the other day and one of the hydraulic lines that feeds the bucket movement exploded. I got a nice hot oil shower. (Manual image attached with the burst location highlighted)

I'm looking to replace the flexible line between the boom and stick. From the control valve the line is flexible and attaches to a steel line inside the boom. It connects (at some point) to another small section of flexible line that connects to the bucket cylinder.

The problem is that connection occurs inside the boom. Any advice on getting at it without tearing the entire machine apart? Basically I just need to expose enough of the top part of the steel line in order to get a wrench on it.

I removed the clamp on the bottom where the boom attaches to the tractor. (Pic attached)

Thanks!

(I posted in a different forum but hoping you guys know more)
mvphoto107905.png

mvphoto107906.png

mvphoto107907.png

This post was edited by Saintbacon on 07/26/2023 at 10:18 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back