1974 IH 140 manual part number

Newby here and keeps buying incorrect manuals. I have a new to me 1974? Ser No. 52662 J. I'm looking for the part number for the Operator's Manual and service manual. Also, This two bottom 1F-151 disc plow came with the tractor. The fast hitch lifts it to it's stops but it still touches the ground. Maybe I'm missing a part? So, Im also looking for a manual for this McCormick 1F-151? two bottom disc plow. Any help would be great or info as to whether or not the plow was meant to be used with a Farmall 140. If I'm wrong on what the plow is please correct me.Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6994 (002).jpg
    IMG_6994 (002).jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6995 (002).jpg
    IMG_6995 (002).jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 14
Newby here and keeps buying incorrect manuals. I have a new to me 1974? Ser No. 52662 J. I'm looking for the part number for the Operator's Manual and service manual. Also, This two bottom 1F-151 disc plow came with the tractor. The fast hitch lifts it to it's stops but it still touches the ground. Maybe I'm missing a part? So, Im also looking for a manual for this McCormick 1F-151? two bottom disc plow. Any help would be great or info as to whether or not the plow was meant to be used with a Farmall 140. If I'm wrong on what the plow is please correct me.Thanks.
Operators Manual
Have you ordered reprints from this site? Both are listed. Is there a (up oown adjustment on the attachment point of the Fast hitch under the middle of the tractor, If so adjust it downward. Jim

Thanks. I'll call them Monday morning. But do you know if a Farmall 140 should be able to use and lift to give ground clearance for a 1F-150 two bottom disc plow? I mean this thing takes 3 or four guys to lift.

Is there a (up oown adjustment on the attachment point of the Fast hitch under the middle of the tractor, If so adjust it downward. Jim
This is a good starting point. One Touch-Control rockshaft (linked on left side) raises/lowers the plow. The other should have a link connected between its right side and the large bail at the front of the hitch. Running that Touch-Control lever back should lower the front of the hitch, raising the back of the plow.

By the way, that plow was built for the 140, should work fine.

We had a two point hitch one like that,. You could loosen the mount bolts and rotate the round bar to adjust the pitch

Thanks. I'll call them Monday morning. But do you know if a Farmall 140 should be able to use and lift to give ground clearance for a 1F-150 two bottom disc plow? I mean this thing takes 3 or four guys to lift.
There were only two tractors that came with the one-point Fast Hitch: The Cub and the 100/130/140 (all basically the same exact tractor with different grilles). If a 140 won't lift it a Cub sure won't.

Is your front depth control linkage hooked up? If yes, is it lowered as far down as it will go? This will pitch the rear of the fast hitch upward, lifting the implement higher.
Is the linkage that connects the fast hitch to the arms under the gas tank the proper length and shaped correctly? They often get stretched out straight due to being overloaded.
Are your tires going flat under the weight? Are they the correct size?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back