1986 6.2 diesel wont fire

I had sold the body of a 1986 Jimmy in 2011. The engine ran great then and in 2014. I still have the engine and driveline in frame and front rad support. I had hood secured over engine. Unfortunately I had not started it since 2014 and this weekend when I was bleeding injectors it took forever to get any kind of dampness at injectors. It has a Racor aftermarket fuel filter set up and I put fresh diesel in tank after getting the old stuff out. So bled all the air out to the injection pump and applied 12 volts to fuel solenoid on pump just like I did in 2014. With a couple good known batteries hooked up in parallel I bled the injectors (with glow plugs removed)and all I could get was very slight dampness at injectors with big nut on injector loosened. I m thinking the injector pump may deteriorated internally and thats why I m not getting an substantial dripping at injectors. The glowplugs on for 10 seconds and engine\chassis in a nice warm shop for a few days it won t fire at all. I m stumped and thinking the injection pump is deteriorated inside from being neglected for 8 years in the harsh 4 seasons weather we have here. I put new filter on after emptying old diesel out of tank and blowing out lines from tank to mechanical lift pump. Anyone have similar experience?

The injection pump is gummed up inside and the high pressure pistons are stuck.

It needs to come apart and cleaned.
Tom

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back