3010 Frame Part

Yes, I just realized that. Thanks for the reply. Well at least I have a yesterdaystractors account now!
You have now "arrived" King Louie, a bona fide member of the YT fraternity. Your first posts are the equivalent of your wife's first Tupperware party. CONGRATULATIONS .....

Yes, I just realized that. Thanks for the reply. Well at least I have a yesterdaystractors account now!
You have now "arrived" King Louie, a bona fide member of the YT fraternity. Your first posts are the equivalent of your wife's first Tupperware party. CONGRATULATIONS .....

There is a strong chance the center bearing and shaft are bad causing vibration that broke the mounting..
Hey thanks, that's great information. This is the bearing and shaft of where the axle rotates I've taken your comment to mean. I wonder if I could somehow jack it up to the front end is suspended and see if it has slop in it? Or would there be a method for inspection like with a feeler gauge or something along those lines.

This site has been really great for probably 8 years now. And that was just from reading other peoples posts. This site seems to be ranked high by google because my google searches for particular tractor problems would lead me straight to the YT forum post for that particular problem. It was the shite. And this first post of mine here today has worked out well too! Ha ha my wifes first tupperware party...

It's NOT a "frame part".

The hydraulic pump mounting bracket is NOT involved with the FRAME or carrying the loader, AT ALL, it simply mounts the hydraulic pump to the engine,

I don't think this is a common thing, but possibly a hydraulic pump that is producing too much pressure or is putting out pressure with unusual pulsations could POSSIBLY put stress on the bracket.

As to welding/repairing it, it's CRITICAL that the crankshaft and hydraulic pump are exactly aligned in all dimensions, and repairing it would be my last choice.
Hey thanks for the suggestion of a weird pulsation in the system. It's not a JD loader it's some kind of Allied make or something.

Hey thanks, that's great information. This is the bearing and shaft of where the axle rotates I've taken your comment to mean. I wonder if I could somehow jack it up to the front end is suspended and see if it has slop in it? Or would there be a method for inspection like with a feeler gauge or something along those lines.
No,, I mean inside the hydraulic pump,,I have seen this many times,,and don't waste time trying to weld it,, there are many of them in the salvage yards..

No,, I mean inside the hydraulic pump,,I have seen this many times,,and don't waste time trying to weld it,, there are many of them in the salvage yards..
Oh I see. Thanks. I can maybe put the 4010 pump on it. That's great information. Can those pumps be rebuilt or fixed or would a guy need to search out a replacement I wonder.

I haven't checked the side frame bolts but will. But yes, there's a loader on it. However, the 4010 had a loader on it too. I never did too much with the 4010 loader. Mostly just had a blade on it to blade snow and used it to hang things from and carry around things like fence posts. The guy working the loader on the 3010 might have been rough but I just don't know (heard a rumor, but the rumor was from my mom so...). I'd be interested to hear how a loader might factor into things. There was a snow blower mounted on the 3 point but I took it off. Could the shift in weight taking the rear mounted snow blower have any sort of effect?
If side frame bolts are loose you will need to remove loader mounting frames to check for tightness of bolts. Due to your 3010 breaking 2 hyd pump mounts I suggest to check side frame bolts to determine if they are loose.

Last edited:
I have 3010 with a cast iron part that's positioned right under the hydraulic pump that has cracked on both sides. I don't knowView attachment 68357View attachment 68358 what the part is called. It might be a common problem with the 3010s. I can't seem to find a blown up diagram where I can identify it so I thought I'd try you guys. I've never posted here before but I've learned a lot and solved problems from the existing posts quite a bit over the years. I'm wondering how much a new part might cost and if I could even get one.

Hopefully someone here will have an idea about this and be kind enough to get the ball rolling on me getting this old tractor back up and running. Unfortunately it wasn't me who broke it so I don't really know the details on how it got broke.
I would call it the front hydraulic pump bracket.

If side frame bolts are loose you will need to remove loader mounting frames to check for tightness of bolts. Due to your 3010 breaking 2 hyd pump mounts I suggest to check side frame bolts to determine if they are loose.
Oh I see. I just left the loader on and went around with a flat wrench and tried to give them a crank and they seemed very tight. I'm interested in Tim S's theory that the hydraulic pump is introducing vibration and eventually cracking the brittle cast part. What do you think of that idea? I'm hoping I can track down my 4010 pump to throw into the 3010 when I get a new mounting bracket. But I'll also check the tightness of the frame without the loader on.

https://www.external_link/new-hydra...0-3020-4000-4010-4020-4040/#applications-list

This web page implies a 3010 and 4010 can use the same pump. I was wondering if you guys would concur.

Thanks for the replies. This site is a gold mine.

Oh I see. I just left the loader on and went around with a flat wrench and tried to give them a crank and they seemed very tight. I'm interested in Tim S's theory that the hydraulic pump is introducing vibration and eventually cracking the brittle cast part. What do you think of that idea? I'm hoping I can track down my 4010 pump to throw into the 3010 when I get a new mounting bracket. But I'll also check the tightness of the frame without the loader on.
I would never doubt what Tim states concerning repairing a JD tractor. He has repaired many tractors & operates his own tractor repair business. I just meant side frame retaining bolts should be checked due having a long history of loosening especially on JD tractors that have front end loaders installed.

I would never doubt what Tim states concerning repairing a JD tractor. He has repaired many tractors & operates his own tractor repair business. I just meant side frame retaining bolts should be checked due having a long history of loosening especially on JD tractors that have front end loaders installed.
Gotcha. Well that's just absolutely great to get all that information from you guys. So my rough plan is to buy a new mounting bracket, take the 4010 pump and put it in the 3010 and in the process make sure all the frame fasteners are tightened up just right.

I put a kijiji ad up for the 3010, 4010 and a 3 point hitch snowblower that can go on the 3010 so maybe someone will take the whole lot too. That's unlikely though I figure but what the heck I put it out there.

When I get the pump off of the 3010 I wonder if I could take it to some kind of expert to test if it's ok or not. Maybe I could feel the slop myself from the outside if there is any.

Tim can test your hyd pump on his personal designed/engineered hyd test stand. Tim's tractor repair shop is in Somerset, Ohio. Shown in photo below are some JD hyd components sent to Tim for repair.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-06-22 062045.png
    Annotation 2020-06-22 062045.png
    944.6 KB · Views: 14

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back