39 9N new toy

You snooze you lose. Still at work and missed the boat. SOLD 😔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_150435_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_150435_Facebook.jpg
    861.1 KB · Views: 29
I have the gen off my '45 2N & the round can round cut-off w/"Ford" script that I would sell. Not the small gen or pulley tho.

It sold while I was at work today. Got called in and had to go. Oh well, we'll find him another one. Really appreciate those that responded and the great advice. Awesome group, THANKS.

I have the gen off my '45 2N & the round can round cut-off w/"Ford" script that I would sell. Not the small gen or pulley tho.
HiYa Lynn-
If no other interested parties, I'd be interested in your OEM FORD SCRIPT ROUNDCAN CUTOUT. Email sent. Do not need any 9N-C or 2N GENS but would also be interested in the OEM Belt Tensioner with all parts, BOTH Brackets. There are afew ebay sellers who have them but ALL are missing the 2nd bracket that bolts onto the head with to anchor the screw tensioner. A few have said they don't know anything about a 2nd bracket. Yep,

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Tim Daley (MI)

Update. Found and bought this one a couple hours ago. Late model 2N, haven't had time to lift the serial number yet. This one is in pretty good shape overall, sheetmetal looks good and it's not beat all to pieces. Previous owners seem to have taken good care of it.

Going with a 41 grille, thanks to Del.

Need a few parts,
#1-Need a genny with brackets.
#2- Through the hood air cleaner.
#3- A 4 spoke steering wheel if anyone has a decent one.

Same plan, we're just going to spruce it up and paint it.
Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324_201305_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_201305_Facebook.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240324_204423_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_204423_Gallery.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240324_204324_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_204324_Gallery.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240324_204254_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_204254_Gallery.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240324_204209_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_204209_Gallery.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 20
Update. Found and bought this one a couple hours ago. Late model 2N, haven't had time to lift the serial number yet. This one is in pretty good shape overall, sheetmetal looks good and it's not beat all to pieces. Previous owners seem to have taken good care of it.

Going with a 41 grille, thanks to Del.

Need a few parts,
#1-Need a genny with brackets.
#2- Through the hood air cleaner.
#3- A 4 spoke steering wheel if anyone has a decent one.

Same plan, we're just going to spruce it up and paint it.
Thanks everyone.
Looks OK. Keep us updated. Just an FYI: The thru-hood air cleaner was never a factory feature, only a dealer optional accessory. The 4-SPOKE STEERING WHEEL was obsolete in 1941 and there is a good quality repop made today - see DC LINK. Sorry, likely not going to find an original I'm afraid.

The aluminum horizontal bar grille was obsolete in 1940 at s/n 9N45899.and Rosewood Machine repops an excellent one as well as the alum doglegs.

If you are looking to do a restoration, here are some features:

The Muffler Shield is a hard item to find.

Your 2N would have the 2N-10000 GENERATOR; 6V/1-WIRE/11.5 A/ "A" Circuit unit with the new Belt Tensioner attached. It required the Round Can Cutout as well. There are a few GENS on ebay now but none have the 2nd Bracket as I said earlier.

The Starter Motor is a 6V/1-WIRE Unit and uses NO RELAY (Solenoid)

Do you know of the document on 9N History from John Smith?

FORD 9N TRACTOR HISTORY:

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• FORD 2N-10000 GEN & TENSIONER.jpg
    FORD 2N-10000 GEN & TENSIONER.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 6
Looks OK. Keep us updated. Just an FYI: The thru-hood air cleaner was never a factory feature, only a dealer optional accessory. The 4-SPOKE STEERING WHEEL was obsolete in 1941 and there is a good quality repop made today - see DC LINK. Sorry, likely not going to find an original I'm afraid.

The aluminum horizontal bar grille was obsolete in 1940 at s/n 9N45899.and Rosewood Machine repops an excellent one as well as the alum doglegs.

If you are looking to do a restoration, here are some features:

The Muffler Shield is a hard item to find.

Your 2N would have the 2N-10000 GENERATOR; 6V/1-WIRE/11.5 A/ "A" Circuit unit with the new Belt Tensioner attached. It required the Round Can Cutout as well. There are a few GENS on ebay now but none have the 2nd Bracket as I said earlier.

The Starter Motor is a 6V/1-WIRE Unit and uses NO RELAY (Solenoid)

Do you know of the document on 9N History from John Smith?

FORD 9N TRACTOR HISTORY:

Tim Daley (MI)
Thanks for the info.
Definitely need the genny with the correct accessories.

Had it picked up earlier. After the rain settles I'll try to lift the serial number. Overall it was well taken care of and everything is basically still there.

Attachments

• 20240326_104447.jpg
    20240326_104447.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240326_104431.jpg
    20240326_104431.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240326_103931.jpg
    20240326_103931.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Lifted the serial number, its a later model 47 2N # 269054, has a block casting date of B37 making it Febuary 3rd 1947. I'm thinking around 37,167 we're produced after this one. Trumpets have close casting dates but different. I'm assuming this is during the point that Ford was using up the remaining 2N parts before the release of the 8N later in 1947. Lightly sanded the points and gave it a small shot of ether and it fired up. Bought manuals and several other parts, including I beam radius rods, all are in the process of being shipped. Can't wait to see the 41 grille "my favorite". We're not going back "by the book" original with everything. Most is already still there and going to add a few eye catching parts. 4 spoke steering wheel from Dennis Carpenter is on the list. A very special thanks to all that responded and helped with knowledge and sold us parts. Have plenty to do but it's great to have been steered in the right direction that makes it easier to accomplish.

Attachments

• 20240326_160422.jpg
    20240326_160422.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240326_161050.jpg
    20240326_161050.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240326_162252.jpg
    20240326_162252.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240326_160401.jpg
    20240326_160401.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 13
Lifted the serial number, its a later model 47 2N # 269054, has a block casting date of B37 making it Febuary 3rd 1947. I'm thinking around 37,167 we're produced after this one. Trumpets have close casting dates but different. I'm assuming this is during the point that Ford was using up the remaining 2N parts before the release of the 8N later in 1947. Lightly sanded the points and gave it a small shot of ether and it fired up. Bought manuals and several other parts, including I beam radius rods, all are in the process of being shipped. Can't wait to see the 41 grille "my favorite". We're not going back "by the book" original with everything. Most is already still there and going to add a few eye catching parts. 4 spoke steering wheel from Dennis Carpenter is on the list. A very special thanks to all that responded and helped with knowledge and sold us parts. Have plenty to do but it's great to have been steered in the right direction that makes it easier to accomplish.
Good homework! My early 8N Casting ID Date Code Tag is "I167" - SEP 16 1947 as the date the block was cast. My friend Jase has an earlier s/n 8N. You need deep pockets to do a true all original 9N Restoration. Some of us looked for 10-20 years to find a of these rare parts. I'll check my saddle bag for an extra Brass Sediment Bulb for ya and just a quick FYI that the Muffler Shield was also used on a the FORD Combine so keep digging. I found my small GEN at my buddy''s ALT/GEN shop in a barrel of old GENS and STARTERS marked for scrap. Had a broken pulley but I had a half dozen new ones repopped at a cast iron guy in NY. Exact-as-original.

Tim Daley (MI)

Good homework! My early 8N Casting ID Date Code Tag is "I167" - SEP 16 1947 as the date the block was cast. My friend Jase has an earlier s/n 8N. You need deep pockets to do a true all original 9N Restoration. Some of us looked for 10-20 years to find a of these rare parts. I'll check my saddle bag for an extra Brass Sediment Bulb for ya and just a quick FYI that the Muffler Shield was also used on a the FORD Combine so keep digging. I found my small GEN at my buddy''s ALT/GEN shop in a barrel of old GENS and STARTERS marked for scrap. Had a broken pulley but I had a half dozen new ones repopped at a cast iron guy in NY. Exact-as-original.

Tim Daley (MI)
You taught me well Sensei.
Would love to have the Brass Sediment Bulb, just for the "cool factor" let me know when you get around to it.. Have I beam radius rods on the way and have the 4 spoke steering wheel and several other parts on the list from D.C.

A very special THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge. Sure made it easier to get things rolling.

Would love to have the Brass Sediment Bulb, just for the "cool factor" let me know when you get around to it.. Have I beam radius rods on the way and have the 4 spoke steering wheel and several other parts on the list from D.C.

A very special THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge. Sure made it easier to get things rolling.
who is Sensei???
tpd

I have a brass sediment bowl (bowl only - no other parts of the sediment bowl assembly) I would part with.

Yes Sir. Definitely will be going back 6 volt. I'll know more after we look/get it this weekend.
Yes Sir. Definitely will be going back 6 volt. I'll know more after we look/get it this weekend.
Would definitely be interested in your genny.
Thank you.

Would definitely be interested in your genny.
Thank yo
Send me an email at [email protected] and I will send you a picture of my generator.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back