52 cub clutch adjustment

my cub has started to grind when i run it in neutral and decide to put it in gear, it seems like the clutch is not moveing away from the pressure plate altogether , i notice under the floorboard on the clutch linkage there is a bolt running through a slotted piece , it looks like if i loosen the bolt and slide the slotted piece on the bolt it will allow the pedal to push The rod going to the clutch farther and moveing the clutch farther from the pressure plate , am i on the right track here? any comments appreciated

That is correct, 1 inch of free travel, measured from the top edge of the platform straight horizontally to the pedal arm.

If you get a grinding noise from the transmission, try a little less. If you are getting a clattering noise from the clutch area when the pedal is fully depressed, try a little more.

All else fails the tractor may need to be split to ream and lube the pilot bushing in the flywheel. It may even need a full clutch kit.

i went out and started the tractor with clutch depressed and in first gear. it jumped ahead about a foot and i did it 3 times it
jumped a little less on 3rd try. next ill tweek the adjustment a little, i never start it in gear i didnt know it would jump like
that , it could be dangerous. i also,
while off the tractor and it not running held the clutch down and tried to roll the tractor and couldnt move it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back