720 D water pump issues

BLinWMI

I am confused, the water pump was making a grinding noise today so I tore it all down to investigate. I am confused because my water pump has no bearing like the parts breakdowns all show. It has a bronze bushing with a grease zerk. The pulley, seal and impellor all look normal but the "bearing" is nothing like the book. I would have guessed that someone did some engineering and replaced the original ball bearing with the pressed in brass bushing but the hole that the grease zerk is in lines up with a recess in the drive pulley casting, looking like it is factory. The shaft is in good shape but the hole thru the bushing is wallered out.
Any guess what I am seeing and what the next step would be to repair?

I'm confused too ! Sounds like something got jerry rigged on there ?

The JD parts books show really good detail so trust what you see in it.

This the one in the bottom of the radiator tank isn't it ? or the one in the pony motor ?

Blinwmi, you will like the service Kevin would give you. I have been very happy dealing with him. I would gladly use his services again.

Unsolicited endorsement from a satisfied customer. Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back