1939 UTS Water-pump issues & parts

tirediron

Work is progressing on our club's '39 UTS (Thanks to everyone here for all the info so far). I've started a new thread as this relates strictly to the water-pump. This tractor has lead a hard life and the water-pump proves that. We need new seals and bushings; the bushing I think I can source, but I haven't found a comparable seal. I've attached some photos for confirmation. The bushing appears to be .750 x .875 x 1.500" and the seal .745 x 1.250 x .355, however things are worn to the point where those readings are +/- .0010.

"MM_1.JPG" shows the seal housing in place; in "MM_2.JPG" I have shown the bushing and seal well proud of their positions for the sake of illustration. If anyone has part numbers/sources for either or both, as well as any other consumables in the pump, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• MM_1 (Medium).JPG
    MM_1 (Medium).JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 29
  • MM_2 (Medium).JPG
    MM_2 (Medium).JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 29
All U's made from 1938-58 used that waterpump. Should be easy to find. Water seal KE534(KE5504C). Bushing KE525(10R564),Oil seal KE532(10A7611). Imagine shaft is bad also. Agco should have.

T.R.K. types faster than I do. :) That phone number is spot on.
Charlie Biler in Pennsylvania also has the seals, bushing and even the gaskets available.
GB lists your part numbers^.
Only difference I find in part numbers is the water pump seal being KE534A if ordering with Charlie.
Leave him a message and he'll call you back. 724-628-7310 eastern time. sales@external_link.com
Does anyone know where Welters source their water pump seals?

Would you show the front of the block as it sits right now please? I'd appreciate it a huge amount!
I've been digging on the net and cannot find anyone who posted pics of the block with the water pump body/gear case cover off of the engine. I'm slated to do that and can't feel/find all of the bolts. Thank you.

Attachments

• Pump parts.jpg
    Pump parts.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the great information - hopefully not too dear to get across the border.

I will get a picture of the front of the engine in the next few days.

Charlie Biler in Pennsylvania also has the seals, bushing and even the gaskets available.
Only difference I find in part numbers is the water pump seal being KE534A if ordering with Charlie.
Leave him a message and he'll call you back. 724-628-7310 eastern time. sales@external_link.com

Would you show the front of the block as it sits right now please? I'd appreciate it a huge amount!
I've been digging on the net and cannot find anyone who posted pics of the block with the water pump body/gear case cover off of the engine. I'm slated to do that and can't feel/find all of the bolts. Thank you.
Have several aready apart.

There are two bolts behind the cam gear, you have to pull the gear off the cam to take that cover off.

KE534A is just updated number. Parts book shows both. Probably different material. One have here same #.

Attachments

• 000_1696.JPG
    000_1696.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 000_1697.JPG
    000_1697.JPG
    649.4 KB · Views: 13
For @Duey C : If you need a high-resolution version, let me know; can e-mail, but is too large to post here.

Attachments

• MM_Low_Res_DSC5576.jpg
    MM_Low_Res_DSC5576.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 19
That photo is perfect as is! Many thanks! GB, your pics showed a detail I wanted also!
tirediron, did you get the two lower bolts behind the pulley out without moving the pulley?
I'd guess the screw that adjusts backlash on the cam would be adjusted the same as older engines?
Turn in just snug, turn back out 1/2 turn and tighten the jam nut. Of course after re-installing the cover.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back