8N won't start

buddy99

New User
*I have good compression, have cleaned the carb and replaced the spark plugs. What else could be causing it to not start. Battery is new

Do you have spark? Checked the points? Lick you fingers, hold onto the end of the spark plug wire and crank it over to be sure you have spark!

*I have good compression, have cleaned the carb and replaced the spark plugs. What else could be causing it to not start. Battery is new
Do the common trouble shooting.
#1 make sure you have a good blue/white spark that will jump a 1/4 inch gap or more.
#2 pull the carb drain plug and make sure you have a good steady flow of gas that will fill a pint jar in less then 2 minutes.
#3 pull the air cleaner tube off the carb ignition on and hold your hand over the carb while trying to start it. You should get a good suction and gas on your hand and it may even try to start

Hello Buddy, welcome to YT! Tell us more, did it run before you pulled out your magic tool box? Or in other words have you had it a while and have seen it run or is it one that has been setting and you are trying to make it run? We will probably eventually get to this question, is the distributor on the front of the engine or the side? Have you made any changes to the wiring?

Several years ago my 1952 N would not start. I looked at all the normstuff
gas flow , spark , wiring
it had run when i parked it for the winter\
called a old time tractor guy ask him to come over he told me to try and start it
he stood there for a few min and said to me your exhaust is plugged
sure enough we looked and my muffler was filled with corn
mice had filled the muffler up .
It may be some thing to look at .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back