AC B zenith carburetor

ENC-AC

New User
I have a 1948 Allis Chlamers B that currently has a MS TSX154 carburetor on it however I need to replace that carb. I can't find another TSX154 to replace it with so I'm looking at the Zenith carbs on Steiner and DJS tractor parts. However there are 2 options... One is about $287 while the other is about $500.

Can anyone point me in the right direction which one to go with? Thanks!

I have a 1948 Allis Chlamers B that currently has a MS TSX154 carburetor on it however I need to replace that carb. I can't find another TSX154 to replace it with so I'm looking at the Zenith carbs on Steiner and DJS tractor parts. However there are 2 options... One is about $287 while the other is about $500.

Can anyone point me in the right direction which one to go with? Thanks!
Why replace it and not do a rebuild of your carb?

This website you are using for free is supplied by PartsASAP/Yesterday's Tractor, as a courtesy you should be looking to get parts from them, rather than their competitors.

Why replace it and not do a rebuild of your carb?

This website you are using for free is supplied by PartsASAP/Yesterday's Tractor, as a courtesy you should be looking to get parts from them, rather than their competitors.
Ok, which one from Yesterday's Tractor website would be the correct one? One is $330 and the other is $460.

Ok, which one from Yesterday's Tractor website would be the correct one? One is $330 and the other is $460.
By the description either one should work as long as your manifold does not have studs in it to mount the carb. They give the center to center dimension of the mounting holes. It is noted the linkage is reversible, if needed. I suggest you give them a call and review/confirm things before you order (that would apply any place).

By the description either one should work as long as your manifold does not have studs in it to mount the carb. They give the center to center dimension of the mounting holes. It is noted the linkage is reversible, if needed. I suggest you give them a call and review/confirm things before you order (that would apply any place).
Right, I have to run bolts thru the manifold to connect the carb. Thanks for the help. I'll give them a call and make sure.

Also to answer your previous question about rebuilding... I took it to someone to rebuild the MS carb and they bored the hole bigger in the top half of the carb trying to remove the little jet. So now the replacement jet wouldn't screw in. So basically ruined the carb.

Also to answer your previous question about rebuilding... I took it to someone to rebuild the MS carb and they bored the hole bigger in the top half of the carb trying to remove the little jet. So now the replacement jet wouldn't screw in. So basically ruined the carb.
Sorry to hear that

Got a photo of the damage? It probably wouldn't be real hard to make a little "repair bushing" that would thread or press in to bring the little threaded hole back to the correct size. (I have a mini lathe and it would be an interesting project.)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back